Friday, September 19

More children?

I know this is kind of a "Duh" statement, but I can't imagine our life without Erin in it. Mike and I were talking tonight about how it is so strange that you have NO idea of the impact your little ones will have on you. It is so hard to believe that we could have decided to not have any more after Leah. Then we wouldn't have our little cuddlebug! And we both pretty much said that it makes us want to keep having kids, because it is such an amazing feeling to bond with a new life. Twenty years down the road, we will look back and say "I can't imagine our lives without ____, ____, and ____ in it." (or however many kids we end up having) No matter how many we have, every one of them will add to our lives something that we are currently lacking, yet we don't even know what it is yet. I am REALLY hoping to last until after our cruise next July before getting pregnant again, but I just don't know if I can wait that long. Not that I am so eager to relive the newborn days, but I am anxious to see what the next child will bring to our family. Erin has been SUCH a joy, I am ready to experience it again and again. Am I crazy to want another one so soon?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say do it sooner than later :) I always thought I'd have 3-4 kids. I had my first 2 children, 28 months apart and decided to wait awhile before considering a third. I had a boy first and then a girl. My kids are 7 and almost
5. They have completely different personalities. I truly have the best of both worlds :) Now I have little desire to have any more kids because my life is so...much easier and so peaceful/balanced. Don't get me wrong, it's not complete cake walk but things change when kids become more self sufficient. The thought of going back to diapers and sleepless nights seem so...long ago! I loved being pregnant and I love babies, but it's tough if you wait too long :) That's just how it has worked out for me :) Good Luck!

Kathy

Rhiannon said...

I know exactly what you mean! Especially now that Ty is really becoming his own little person, I want more!! I want like 4 but we will see. I guess it helps to get freaking pregnant first!

the JK said...

I felt the exact same way when Halle was Erin's age. I was so eager to get pregnant again and have another bundle of joy in my life. And even though Elena doesn't do much yet, she still melts our hearts everyday with her gorgeous smiles and the most adorable cooing any ears have ever heard. :) Right now I'm in the "I just want to wear my normal clothes for awhile!" stage, but I'm sure I'll be right there with you when Elena is a little older.

I'm glad you guys want more kids! I can't wait to see another happy Gallers baby! Maybe a boy this time, eh? :)

the JK said...

Oops.. that was from Nikki. Apparently "the jk" was signed in!

Anonymous said...

I think the age of one year has something to do with it too! I rememeber when Shelby was 1, I felt that way. Then she approached 2 and Brody was 4, and things were crazy!!! I think they were crazy until about one year ago!

Kathy

The Ayers Family said...

I'm feeling the hunger, but not jumping on the band wagon quite yet. It's a lot of work with two kids- two years apart, so we're waiting a while longer this time around.

Christina said...

I am so with you :-)

Anonymous said...

Well, you should at least wait till April-May-ish so that you aren't uncomfortable-pregnant on the cruise. It's one thing to not be able to drink because you're pregnant, but it's another thing to not even be able to walk and enjoy the sights!