Tuesday, September 16

Baby Signing Time!

So get this. A few blog posts ago, I got a comment from someone in the Signing Time! organization. Because I had posted several times about how I love the series, they wanted to send me two new volumes of Baby Signing Time that are going to be coming out in October to review. We watched them today. Here is what I thought:

Both Baby Signing Time 3 & 4 were lots of fun. After every sign was introduced, my three year old, Leah, was making sure I was doing it correctly. I think our favorite song of the day was "That Tastes Good" introducing many foods such as apple and pear. We also really enjoyed the "Opposites" song. My one year old was actually attempting a few of the signs.

One thing I really like about these volumes is that all of the words are put into songs. Rachel isn't trying to sign every word of the song, just the ones they are focusing on. I think it helps the kids isolate the signs to learn them. My kids really like the cartoon parts with Alex, Leah, and Hopkins. Thank you so much for the opportunity to screen these videos. We love Signing Time! and want continue to learn as many signs as we can.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that they contacted you! Maybe you, Mike, and the kids could be the online version of John and Kate Plus 8! Huuummm...there must be some way to make this happen....

Myrn said...

We just got in the "Signing Time" videos I sent in a purchase order for last spring - the preschool, hard of hearing, and moderate teachers are so excited to have them to use in their classes.

Kelly in NC said...

Do you think if I post about Dark Chocolate Peanut M&M's or victoria secrets bras- that they'll start sending me free stuff to review???

Christina said...

That is very cool...see if anyone thinks we are wasting time blogging they are wrong :-)