Wednesday, September 3

Hurricane shelter

My dad & Myrn are on their way to our house. There is no power where they are and they aren't allowed to go back home til the weekend. What better excuse than to come visit the grandbabies! Although I am exceedingly sad about the whole mess, I am thrilled that they are coming.

My poor aunt had lost her house in Katrina. She stayed with a friend for a month or two, then got a FEMA trailer. She has been in the trailer since then. She just moved into her brand new house last week after 3 years. Of course she had to evacuate on Sunday along with her little teacup yorkie. She got this dog around Katrina time too. Well, while she was at her friend's house during Gustav, her 3 yr old dog dies in her lap. How freaking unbelievable is that??? This woman can't catch a break. And they are not allowed to go home yet, but presumably there is maybe only minor damage like missing shingles or other such things. I hope things start looking up for her soon. I love you, Nana Zee!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's the saddest story I've heard in a really long time. Hugs to her!

Mandi said...

That is so sad! I hope things get better!

Have fun w/ the Theriots! :)

Christina said...

I was worried about all of your family when I saw where the storm was going. I can't imagine what your aunt is going through.

Anonymous said...

That is so sad! Have fun with Mom and Gee. I'm so jealous that they get to see y'all!

Kelly in NC said...

Have fun with your family. I'm glad that all the damage seems to be minor and that everyone is safe.