Monday, August 6

No, Erin is not here yet...

I know that is what you all care about. Now onto my blog entry...

Yesterday we went to Cane Creek Park. It was so much fun. It is situated on a trophy bass lake. For a small fee, you can swim in the lake off of their "beach." I have NO pictures because I was playing in the water the whole time with them and it was too much work to dry off and get the camera. Anyway, the only time Leah has been to the beach (besides when she was a baby) was this past Memorial Day when we went to Ft. Lauderdale. The waves were HUGE and the water was chilly so she wasn't able to play in it. This time the water was practically bath temperature (I wished it was a bit cooler, it has been horrifically hot here). Leah had a ball! She was sad that we didn't bring beach toys but we didn't really think about it being real sand to play in. Even so, we made birthday cakes, buried rocks, and Mike sculpted us a mini-dolphin. It was such a good time. Further into the park there is a rock wall you can climb. Mike held Leah's feet to make sure they didn't slip off the rocks and she climbed all the way up to the top! Now if only we can get her to stop falling so much when she runs...

Also I have a complaint. Companies who set appts with you to come to your house should tell you upfront how long past the appt time they anticipate coming. Because someone was supposed to be at my house at noon today to fix the nail pops in the drywall but he didn't show up until 1pm. What if I had to be somewhere? I was madder about this and had a whole post planned, but then the guy was really nice and finished up in like 25 minutes so I am over it now.

REMINDER: Harry Potter questions are due to me by Friday. I have been trying to decide what question I want to go with all week!


pregnancy due date

4 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Haha! Love your blog entry title! :) Are you going to let us know when she IS here with a blog entry (and lots of pictures too; I hope)? :) Will you have internet at your hospital?

Kudos to you for still having energy to get out of the house! :)

Angelle said...

I will be posting in the hospital if I can. Yes, we will have internet there so hopefully our website will have lots of pics and video too.

NaeNae said...

I know you can't wait until she arrives!

BTW - I have my Harry Potter question ready. Where do I leave it? I couldn't find a link to your email address on your webpage.

Christina said...

I'm glad you guys had a nice time. We can't wait to hear about baby Erin.

As far as your appt goes...you should be grateful he was only an hour late. I don't think I've ever had anybody come out on time and if they give a window...unless you are not there they will be there ten minutes before the end of the window :-)