Tuesday, August 28

Erin's 2 wk appt

We saw the doctor today and Erin has grown up a bit. She is now 7lb 15 oz after dropping to 6lb 10 oz two days after birth. I know Mike blogged about going to the hospital to have her bilirubin checked awhile back. I was pretty scared at the time. They had to do a heel prick to get the blood. I was having flashbacks to the first time I witnessed that with Leah and it was awful. They couldn't get the blood to flow and she was SCREAMING in my arms. I was sobbing and my tears were pouring all over her face. It took forever. So I was afraid this time, but the lab tech was awesome and Erin actually FELL ASLEEP while they were taking her blood. Her levels turned out to be within acceptable limits and by that Friday her weight was back up to 7lb 1oz. So it turned out okay in the end.

I also want to address Mike's blog about my dream. I know it sounded wacky that I was so upset about Erin turning into an animal. But let me explain my reasoning. It wasn't the turning into an animal that freaked me out. In the dream I was screaming over and over (good thing I don't talk in my sleep or I would have woken the entire house up) "She was never our child" and THAT is what killed me. I thought I had lost her. She was not mine. I realized in that moment that I love her more than anything. She belongs to me in reality. It was an important moment that makes me feel good now that I look back on it. But at the time, I was terrified of losing her. Hey, don't judge me. :)

Anyway, things are going well here. Erin is nursing well and for the most part sleeping well. I am feeling very good, so good I am surprised when I think that I had a baby 2 weeks ago (today actually). When I was pregnant, I couldn't remember when my belly wasn't huge and hard. Now I can't remember having a pregnant belly. How easily we forget. Anyway Leah is GREAT with Erin, wanting to hold her all the time. Mike is such a help, he took a shift last night with Erin, THEN got Leah all ready for school in the morning.

Well, I gotta go to bed while I can. Can't wait to see some of you in Florida in October!

No comments: