Sunday, August 26

Instant growing up

I was just reading my birth club board on BabyCenter.com. There was a thread by second time moms about how their first child seemed to grow up just in the time the mom was in the hospital. I realized that is exactly how I feel about Leah! She seemed to become taller, weigh more, and be even more verbal when I came home than before. Even big and pregnant, I could still hold her and she wasn't overly heavy. Now after holding Erin all the time, Leah feels TOO heavy for me to carry. I feel bad that I can't hold her as much.

Yesterday we were at the playground and Mike was holding Leah and spinning around and around. When he put her down, she was super dizzy and seemed upset by it. I picked her up and carried her the rest of the way to the car. Her body stretched from my shoulder to my knees!!! Where did my baby go?

On a cutie note, Nana asked Leah if she wanted to come listen to Erin cooing. Leah said to Daddy, "We are going to listen to Baby Erin cocooning!"

3 comments:

Emily said...

I agree - Jackson seemed to grow overnight when Tucker was born.

Keri Donald said...

Having a tiny one around definitely changes your perspective about your bigger baby!

Christina said...

Wow, that is so cute!

I'm sure I'll probably feel like that too. It is funny how Zach is 2 1/2 and I still think of him as a baby.