Sunday, June 22

A shirt issue (I know, it's odd)

Here is my dilemma: almost every shirt I own has hole(s) in the bottom front right in the center. They are right where a button would be on pants or jeans, maybe even a little lower. These shirts are from all different stores: New York and Co, Target, Old Navy, and one is a Disney T-shirt I got from one of those random touristy places last October. The one from NY & Co actually had a hole the third time I wore it! This never happened to me before I moved to NC.

Is anyone else out there having this issue? Why do you think it happens? Is there anything I can do to prevent it? If I were to get rid of all the shirts with holes, I would have like 3 shirts left to wear! HELP!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it from holding the baby on your hip? I have never had that problem and I have no idea what you could do about..strange. I hope you figure it out!

Kathy

Keri Donald said...

I know a guy in college who had that problem and it was because he constantly put his finger in his belly button which rubbed holes in his shirt? Maybe you have a belly button obsession that you didn't know about? :)

Nikki said...

This used to happen to me all the time. I thought it was from opening twist-off beer bottles with my shirt, but I doubt that's your issue. :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should check Leah's room for a pair of sizzors. I just picture her in your closet cutting holes in all your shirts!

Anonymous said...

Do you have really-specific, picky moths?

Just kidding - I like the suggestion above about holding Erin. That's probably it.

The Ayers Family said...

You're probably leaning into the counter when you do dishes or prepare food. I just went and stood next to the kitchen sink and I'm pretty sure if I spent more time there, I too would have holes in my shirt! :) Maybe its your seatbelt in the car?!?!

Lisa said...

It could be from rubbing against something from the outside (a counter, table, baby) or from your pants. Try wearing a longer tank top (mens are longer) underneath and see if that helps. If the tank top gets a hole too, I would think it is from you pants. If the tank top stays free from holes, I would think it is Erin or the coutertops. And if all else fails, go buy new clothes. :)

Kristen said...

I get that, too, Angelle! Let me know if you figure it out. I had thought it was the seatbelt, but it doesn't seem to be the case...

So annoying!!!

Jp said...

I just read that alien abductions are on the rise in NC. Perhaps you have become a statistic and didn't know it.

Jp