Monday, June 9

Firefly Lane

So I finished this book last night at 1am.

It began as most of these coming of age stories do. Two girls, at their most awkward and troubled, befriend each other. They share men and dreams. Somewhere in the course of their lives, the dreams change. One goes on to become an anchor on the early show. The other one becomes a stay-at-home mom to a pre-teen daughter and twin 5ish year old boys (I say 5ish because the story spans time).

Anyway, I won't spoil the ending but I cried for the last 50 pages. I was trying to keep quiet because I didn't want to wake Mike up, but man, I was full out sobbing at some points. Nose dripping, vision blurring crying. I have not done that in a long time over a book. It felt good. :)

In the book the mother and pre-teen daughter have knock-down, drag out fights. I started thinking about Leah and Erin and what our relationships will be like at that time. I got a little nervous, I won't lie. So I have a Q & A for tomorrow that will be about your teenage years. Get ready.

PS Check out my Goodreads sidebar if you want a link to the book.

1 comment:

Tiffanyrose said...

Sounds like a good book. I really need to get a library card!!