Friday, February 29

A case of the Whys

Oh. my. gosh. If I have to answer one more Why question, I am going to jump off the roof. Here are some examples of that impossible question:

L - Why McDonald's is this way?
-------------------------------------------------
Me - Ian isn't home yet so we have to wait at our house.
L - Why we have to wait at our house?
-------------------------------------------------
L - Why we going to Wal-Mart?
Me - To get Clorox wipes and paper towels
L - Why?
-------------------------------------------------
L - I wanna go to the broccoli play place. (There is a mall play area with a big broccoli in it.)
Me - Not today, baby, it's too far away.
L - Why?
------------------------------------------------
L - Why Erin needs her diaper changed?
Me - Because she's stinky.
L - Why?
-----------------------------------------------
And the list goes on and on and on and on...

2 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Oh no! I'm NOT looking forward to that! I sometimes wish I could remove "Mommy" from Annabelle's vocabulary, and I'm sure "why" will be another one of those words that I wish I could remove.

On the up side, I'm sure her "why" questions keep you on your creative toes. :)

The Nanny said...

Oh, I have TOTALLY been there, done that. There were days when I really wanted to scream at A., "I DON'T KNOW WHY!!!" :-)