Wednesday, January 28

25 random things about me

I was tagged to do this on Facebook. I thought I would put it over here too in case I have some people who don't cross over.

1. I will never homeschool my kids, even though I am a teacher. I believe too much that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

2. I am addicted to The Bachelor and Biggest Loser. I always cry for the one not chosen on Bachelor.

3. I am a fan of Wii Music, after telling Mike I thought it looked stupid. Oh, and I suck at bass.

4. Most of the time, I CANNOT wait to go back to work. I think I romanticize it in my head A LOT.

5. Most of the time, I want to have more kids. The idea of a big family appeals to me.

6. I seriously think my husband is the best husband and dad I know. I almost never have to bitch about him to my friends. Our biggest problem is money.

7. I am terrified of having a boy. I only really grew up with sisters. I have girls. What to do with a boy?!?!?

8. I am SO HAPPY we moved to NC. I am just a happier person in general since coming here 2 yrs ago.

9. I loved teaching middle school and I think I will probably look for a job in social studies or English when I go back. I like how they think at that age. They have real opinions on stuff. And it is a challenge to come up with things they want to participate in.

10. I am a super-organized control freak who has a problem with clutter. How does that happen?

11. I am NOT a fan of cold weather. I am ready for spring!

12. I just recently realized that I do not have a best girl friend. My husband is my only best friend. I kinda wish I had a girl best friend too.

13. I LOVE eating out. My favorite part is trying new foods, so tapas is the ultimate.

14. I am really proud of the fact that I have been working out five days a week fairly consistently since last August. But I am disappointed that I don't see the effect of it more in my body.

15. I think I sing okay most of the time, but I get the impression from others that I am not that good.

16. I LOVE my minivan. But I miss driving something small and super-maneuverable.

17. I pretty much like ALL kinds of music except that one where the lead singer screams instead of sings.

18. I truly think TV has taught my kids a lot. I don't believe that whole no TV before 2.

19. I also don't believe the new no unprescribed meds for kids under 2 thing. I still give Erin cough medicine and stuff like that.

20. I really hate playing dolls/Barbies with Leah. I am not good at doing voices and making the dolls talk. I do not enjoy it at all.

21. I LOVE reading out loud. I miss reading chapter books to my class. I can't WAIT until Leah is ready for that.

22. I am not a frou-frou girl. I almost never wear skirts or dresses. I only wear makeup or fix my hair on special occasions. BUT as I age, I find that I would like to look nice more often. I guess I am thinking now that I need more help to just look decent.

23. I don't miss my kids when I leave them as much as I used to.

24. I will read just about anything. I used to be able to read a 200-300 page novel in an evening. Now I am too exhausted. I usually fall asleep after like 1/2 hour.

25. I love cooking for my family, experimenting with food, and trying new recipes. If you come to dinner at my house, chances are I am making something I have never made before. You are my guinea pig. Good luck.

3 comments:

LeShayne said...

Lets make a deal - you rub off some of that "I love to cook and try new recipes" vibe on me. And I will rub off some of the "Barbie voice playing and loving it" vibe on you. I loved Barbies when I was little, still apparenly have lots of stories in my head because I enjoy playing dolls with my daughter and action heroes with my son - but Tori hates Barbie (and littlest pet shop, my little pony, toys in general).

And I have to tell you the going back to work thing is probably romanticized somewhat but its still good. So enjoy the time at home you have and then you'll go back and you'll remember what you loved in both places!

Anonymous said...

You and I are so freakin' alike on some of your items. I also, deeply appreciate my husband and never complain about him to anyone.

I haven't had a girl BFF since I was 12 and moved from 'Bama...too bad we don't live closer together, or I'd apply for the job! ;)

We'd have more kids maybe - if we were guaranteed a girl. BUT there are a lot of boys on Addam's side of the family, so we might just be happy with what we have!

Jacqueline said...

I was tagged too - but I haven't had time to do it yet.
#2 I am addicted to teh bachelor too.
#6. My hubby is my best friend too. I don't have a true know it all about me BFF either. I actually think it strains my relationship with Mark because I depend on him to listen and understand my daily drama that a BFF would do.
#7 Boys are the greatest!! Typically, most moms of girls do not understand how amazing it can be until you have one. They are very active and crazy all the time. But, you will experience a different love that girls do not give their mothers. I'm not saying more love than girls give you, it is just really different.
#9. Can't stand middle school, give me the elementary kids. I don't care, I will wipe all their noses!