Friday, August 1

Slow Cooker Recipe

So a few weeks ago, I found baby back ribs on sale at the grocery completely randomly (I had just gone in for a milk/bread run). Seriously $2.99/lb! So I bought two racks. I finally got around to cooking them a two nights ago and OH MY GOSH! Best ribs I ever had! Here is the recipe:

Smoky-Flavored Barbequed Ribs

3 1/2 lbs pork loin back ribs (or whatever kind you like)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
3 Tbsp liquid smoke (bottled in BBQ section)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (or crushed)
1 tsp salt
1 medium onion, sliced
1/2 cup cola
BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ, DE-licious!!)

1. Spray inside of 5 to 6 quart slow cooker with Pam.

2. Remove inner sin from ribs. (I did not do this, but probably would have been easier if I had.) Mix brown sugar, pepper, liquid smoke, garlic and salt. Rub mixture into ribs. Cut ribs into 4 in sections. Layer ribs and onions in slow cooker. Pour cola over ribs.

3. Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours or until ribs are tender. Remove ribs from cooker. Drain liquid from cooker and discard.

4. Put ribs back in cooker and pour BBQ sauce over them. (I used an entire bottle and had another one to dip into when we ate them.) Cook another hour on low.

Seriously, best ribs ever.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I bet they were better than the BBQ King!!! oh well..