Friday, August 1

Baby Borrowers

I don't know if anyone watched the show Baby Borrowers on NBC. Basically there were 5 teenage couples who got to experience being parents to babies, toddlers, pre-teens, teenagers, and caring for the elderly. They just aired the "Where are they now?" bit and NONE of the teen couples are still together. I find that very interesting. I wonder how much the show influenced that. I guess after doing the grown-up thing together, they realized that they were not with the person they wanted to do it for real with. So I think the show was a success in the fact that it really did show at least those couples how it would be in real life. And you know what? They all appreciate their parents now too. I hope other teens were watching.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

I think that show is awesome, but unfortunately, i bet not as many teens were influenced as they should have been. They probably have the typical teen ideology of: "But it won't be like that when WE go through with it." I hope i'm wrong!

Jacqueline said...

I agree with Mandi - they probably are not watching or they have that 'know it all attitude'like I did when I was young.
Great show - Sam thought it was cute and said they didn't know how to take care of the babies. He said he could do a better job. :)