Sunday, August 17

Biggest Loser update

As you know, I am competing in a Biggest Loser competition. It began last Sunday on my vacation. But I was determined to keep track. I made myself write down EVERY BITE I ATE the entire week. I did NOT eat the bacon that was cooked every morning or the cherry pie and frozen custard everyone else consumed. I had two s'mores and a piece of Erin's birthday cake and that was about the extent of the bad stuff. I made my own healthy breakfasts like Egg Beaters with tomatoes and mushrooms, or oatmeal with a little brown sugar. I ate mostly sandwiches or salads for lunch. I had to eat what the group ate for dinner, but it was grilled chicken one night and salmon another. Of course on my nights to cook (along with Laurie) we made cheeseburgers and then tacos. So cheese and sour cream... sigh. But I was WAY better than I have ever been on vacation so that is all I can say about that.

I also exercised EVERY day. The only exception was the day I learned to water-ski. I figured that was enough exercise for that day. EVERY day I jogged. We mapped out a route that was 2 miles and I did parts of it. I ran 1.4 miles the first few days and 1.7 the last few. Last night when we finally got home, I so didn't feel like running. Mike talked me into just doing a quick run (since the weigh-in was this AM) and I ran an entire mile - to the front of our neighborhood and back! I can already see the improvement in my running.

And the best part of all this? I lost 2.4 lbs this week! That is 1.65% of my body weight (the competition goes by %, not lbs). So job well done, I would say.

2 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Great job Angelle! I'm so impressed that not only did you eat well on vacation, you managed to get yourself to exercise too! Give yourself a pat on the back for me!

Mandi said...

YAY!! Congratulations! I'm very jealous of your will power. While you were being so good on your vacation, i was being so bad on mine...