Sunday, August 17

Happy late Birthday my baby girl!

My baby is one! When did that happen? As was stated in the last post, my camera fell in the lake and is not currently working. So no pictures until I get them all from Laurie.

Anyway, Erin is cruising a bit around furniture. She learned how to crawl up stairs on our trip (supervised, of course). She says Mama, Dada, Leah (eeeeeeee-aaaaaaah!), baby, and pup-pup (puppy). She can sign more, milk (still just flapping her arms), eat, bath, change, wash hands, water, and all done. Erin LOVES her milk so don't ask her if she wants milk until you have it in your hand ready to give her. :) She is still napping twice a day mostly, but I have a feeling that won't be lasting too much longer. She just wants to be a part of everything. Often she watches Leah and Ian playing and calls Leah's name because she wants to join in.

On her birthday, we gave her one of those pop-up toys where you press the button or flip the switch and the animal pops out. She loves to close them all, that's her favorite part. She got a mini-cake and was hesitant. I had to cut slices and put them on her tray because the icing was a little hard. She got more into it after that but wasn't nearly as messy as Leah was. We are gonna have cupcakes with the neighbors next weekend so maybe we will have more mess then.

The funniest thing... yesterday in the car, we were handing her board books. She would take the book and hold it on both sides just like she was reading! And sometimes the book was upside down. I laughed so hard every time I glanced in the rearview mirror.

She is my little doll and I adore her. I am already feeling like I want another baby because I miss her babiness, but I am firm on waiting until after our cruise next summer. I can't believe how fast they grow up though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...things really do change with your second child. Remember when I commented that they don't stay babies long enough, and you looked at me like I was CRAZY! I'm guessing the second child is easier so it doesn't seem as long...

Mandi said...

happy birthday er-bear! *sigh* I miss those cheeks already. Let me know when you're ready for a visit!

Mandi said...

happy birthday er-bear! *sigh* I miss those cheeks already. Let me know when you're ready for a visit!