Sunday, March 23

I'm scared of that Easter bunny


This is what Leah told us when this bunny visited our cul-de-sac. Even though the bunny was not her favorite, we had a very good Easter over here. It actually began yesterday with the dying of the eggs. Leah did not get nearly as messy as Ty, Annabelle, and Halle but she enjoyed herself just the same. Here is my artsy picture of the completed eggs. I think it came out a little blurry, but I like my food mode.



The morning began at 6:30am with Leah entering each bedroom saying "The Easter bunny came!" We all trooped downstairs to find our baskets.


The bright pink basket held community treats. Guess who belongs to the Spiderman basket? :) Many a Pez, Reese's bunny and mini-Cadbury egg were consumed. I went back to bed for an hour. When I woke up, Leah helped me make these biscuits.


We nibbled and played and Erin napped and Mimi and PawPaw and Aunt B went to church. When they got back, we all played outside for a while. Leah came in to rest a half hour before our outdoor egg hunt and fell asleep watching Dora Egg Hunt. We had to wake her up to go outside. She and Ian hunted along with our neighbors and their family. Here is the best shot of them chowing down we could get. Also, one of Erin meeting the Easter bunny.



We came in and ate fried fish and potato salad for dinner. Ahhhhh! Now relaxation... well, at least after the kids go to bed.

7 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Love the biscuits! It's so fun to do those sorts of things with the kids. :)

Sounds like a fun day was had by all! Happy Easter!

Rhiannon said...

Ty has been watching the Dora Egg Hunt all day! I got the dvd on sale at Target and put it in is basket! Great pics! Who dressed up like the Easter bunny???

Christina said...

I'm glad the kids are back to normal and you had a nice easter. I think I used those same cutters but we made Rice Krispy treats with ours :-)

Mandy said...

Adorable post -
Maybe it's b/c my almost-three-year-old is getting scared of everything, maybe it's the lighting, maybe it's your title, but as I re-clicked on your blog today, it looked like that Easter bunny was flicking me off.
Dying laughing.

Mirdonamy said...

I want those biscuits so bad!

Anonymous said...

I was able to enjoy the biscuits, and they were YUMMY! Thanks for the hospitality Sis, and hopefully I'll see you soon. Oh yeah, and I love ya to the mountains!

Jacqueline said...

My hubby is jealous of the Spiderman basket - I am assuming it was for yours. The eggs are absolutely beautiful and I can just smell the biscuits. Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter.
Happy Easter!