Monday, April 14

Weekend flowers

This weekend we decided to finish up our landscaping around our trees. While we were at Lowe's, Leah and I saw some flowers we liked. So we planted them around each tree.

Periwinkles around the trees

Phlox in the garden under the dining room window

The phlox is from last year. I almost pulled it out last fall because it looked dead but I never got around to it. Look at it now! he long thin things in front are tulips and hyacinth. I got them from Wal-Mart in a pot. When they were done blooming, I pulled them out of the pot and put the bulbs in the ground. We will see if they make it.

The other thing we did this weekend was build a basketball goal. Yes, you heard that right. Here it is in action:
How's that for ghetto? :)

5 comments:

Tiffanyrose said...

You guys are way too funny! The basketball hoop makes me laugh so hard. It works though and that is cool.

Keri Donald said...

Nice hoop! Love that it's customized all the way down to the color scheme. :) You guys are so creative!

Great job on your yard too. I need some of that green thumb down here! Oh wait... that's right... it WILL be down here soon! Can't wait to see you all!

Christeeny said...

the flowers look great. nice job!

the basketball hoop isn't ghetto enough, i think it needs some duct tape.

NaeNae said...

Beautiful flowers - and creative basketball hoop! I love it!

Brooke said...

I love the hoop! It's looks really well made. My neighbors have a swing made out of a chain and an overturned packing crate...now that's ghetto! :)

Thanks so much for the sleep tips on my blog, tonight we are going the SuperNanny route and shooting for 7:30 instead of 8:30...I'll post my results!