Tuesday, January 8

A Book Tag

I have been tagged by Emily, so here goes...

1. One book that changed your life:

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Dr. Marc Weissbluth made sleep possible again in our house after Leah was born.

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:

Too many to name, but I LOVED The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin. I have made many a middle schooler read it.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:

I will go with Lynn on this one, How to Survive on a Desert Island (I'm sure it's out there!)

4. Two books that made you laugh:

Most of the Dave Barry books cracked me up, but especially Dave Barry's Guide to American History

5. One book that made you cry:

I agree with Emily, any with a parent or child dying.

6. One book that you wish had been written:

How to beat constipation in a child when changing the diet does not seem to help

7. One book that you wish had never been written:

Sorry, I know I will have some naysayers on this one, but Grapes of Wrath. That book was so freaking boring.

8. Two books you’re currently reading:

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Katie Jacobs and the In Death series by J.D. Robb

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:

Not really anything particular on my list right now.

I tag anyone who wants likes to read and wants to participate.

On another note not related to the tag, I HIGHLY recommend reading Expecting Adam by Martha Beck. I almost put it in the "change your life" category because it has affected me that much. But I just finished it, so I don't really know yet how and if it will change my life. So we shall see about that. I have been meaning to blog about it, but I can't quite wrap my brain around how it has affected me. So suffice it to say, it has made me really think about life. Thank you so much, Laurie, for sharing that book with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only books I've read over and over again are the witch and vampire books you got me hooked on as a teenager. I LOVED those books, and I wouldn't be surprised if I end up reading them again one day.

Laurie said...

Glad you enjoyed it. I couldn't read it without crying or shivering.