Monday, December 15

Last minute swimming training

Our pool is closing for refinishing from Dec 17-31. Mike was none too pleased about it and of course he made some calls and let them know it. Anyway, we only had two days left to swim so I had to bust it out today. For the first time since I started training, I swam the 500 yards straight without stopping to catch my breath. Then I did some backstroke and sidestroke for 200 yards. Then I swam 300 more yards freestyle to finish it up. I was so impressed that I was able to swim 1000 yards in 29 minutes! It feels so good to see improvement, that's what keeps you going.

I am running around like a headless chicken this week trying to get all of the items for my cupcake platter, Leah's gingerbread house building activity at school, her school party, Channukah dinner, a few vegan things for my sister to eat when they come on Friday, a few last minute presents, and still getting to the gym. While this week is not packed schedule-wise, I feel like I have a million places to go and things to get everyday. I know it will all work out but I am a wee bit stressed. When my mom and sisters finally get here in 4 days, I will be able to let it all go and just hang out.

4 comments:

Betty said...

Don't you just love the holidays?? How do you have time to work out with your two little ones? I feel like there is never any time until they go to bed....by that point I'm so tired and I just want to hang out with my hubby :o)

Angelle said...

If my gym didn't have day care, I for sure would not be able to do it.

Mandi said...

Great job!! Barry and I skipped the gym today (tsk tsk) but i'll hit it tomorrow... we did the tri saturday and it's a recovery week anyway. :)

LeShayne said...

And you are commenting on my busyness...whew you're post wore me out! Glad to hear your training is going so well though, thats awesome. Good luck getting everything done, I'm sure you'll do it!