Thursday, July 10

Odds & Ends

Two nights ago, we had SUCH a bad storm. Tiffany called me and said, "Did you know your swingset fell over?" We looked in the backyard and sure enough, it had fallen over backwards! Yikes! We haven't picked it up yet because everyday since, it has been pouring rain when Mike gets home from work. I guess we'll get to it this weekend.

We have this book called Berenstain Bears and the Trouble with Manners. In it, Mama Bear says that if you call people names, you have to do a chore like dusting or something. This morning, Leah was calling Erin silly things like Bubbie and she turned and asked, "Mama, is that name-calling?" I had to convince her that it was okay to say silly things. Just not when you are mad. She is so cute!

I get reprimanded EVERY time I use the word stupid. I never use it when I am talking TO Leah, but I still say with with adults. EVERY time, I hear a little voice say, "Mama, that's not nice to say stupid." While I love that she is so aware of that, it is pretty annoying to stop my conversation to apologize so often. I guess I need to get out of the habit of using "bad" words. :)

2 comments:

Christina said...

That is too funny. I could have written this exact post.

Anonymous said...

I guess if she could understand Mia Michaels she would think she's being super-mean instead of really nice.

Our TV is back, so I'm all caught up with SYTD, and I have to say that I think this is the best season of dancers they've ever had. There are 3 or 4 couples I LOVE! And, I favorite dance was the one about the couple and the wife didn't want the husband to go to work...I'm sure you remember because it was pretty unforgettable. I watched it 3 times!