Monday, June 25

Recovering from the Hive

The recovery has been tougher than I thought. It may be partially due to the fact that Leah was up every 2 hours Sunday night coughing and crying AND there was a HUGE thunderstorm with lightning cracking right on top of our house. It was SCARY! But I have hardly been able to get enough sleep yesterday and Mike said he feels like he has a hangover even though he only had a few beers on Sunday and Leah is stuffy and hoarse. So all in all, recovery is a difficult road. BUT...

We had SUCH a great time this past weekend. I think it was more fun having stay at our house than the usual when everyone goes home to sleep. Friday during naptime the girls went out to lunch together at Buca di Beppo to celebrate the babies (our Erin, Keri's Corgan, and Christina's Kaitlynn) coming in a few months. Then we hopped over to Carolina Place mall to hit a Gymboree sale and The Children's Place. The guys had a great time with the kids in our little blue pool when they all woke up.

Friday night we had a very successful fish fry. Mike did an excellent job with the fish and Jason did not burn THAT many sweet potato slices (he redeemed himself the next night with burgers and dogs). We sat around on our newly completed deck and visited. My husband is an awesome carpenter!

Saturday was beautiful. We went to Belk Tonawanda park with coolers packed to play on the playground and football on the lawn. After a relaxing afternoon, the majority of the party went home to let the kids nap while Mike, Keith and Mike's co-worker John remained behind to rock out on the amphitheater stage. That's right, folks, they brought Mike's entire music room out there. He said it was awesome playing on an outdoor stage, like Lollapalooza or Warped Tour. We grilled out that night and again had a great time on the deck. I stayed up until 3:30am! It was so nice to catch up with all the girls while the guys played on Erica's Wii play system.

Sunday was a day of partings. In the afternoon, Erica generously did a belly photo shoot with me & Leah. As soon as she sends me the disc with the pictures, I will post some. Actually that is the reason I don't have any photos in this post at all. She was the official photographer of the weekend (a total of about 700 pics), so I will get them from her.

I am finally feeling slightly back to normal. Leah and I went to the library this morning, and we may meet Mike at the pool this afternoon if the weather cooperates. Mimi and PawPaw (my step-mom and dad) are arriving this Friday for the 4th of July. I am working on some plans for when they are here, but I'm not sure yet.

pregnancy due date

6 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Thank you so much for an awesome weekend! Leah is such a beautiful and amazing little girl! She's so mature and so much fun, and was sweet to share all of her things with everyone! I loved that we all stayed in the same place too... gave us more time to really bond! Thank you Gallers! You rock (even Mike!)! ;)
Keith says "Pergola 5000 Forever!"

Erica Lynn said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you !!! Apparently I caught a little cold after this weekend, but as soon as I'm feeling better I'll get to work on your belly pics. :)

Nikki said...

We had a blast! Thanks again for sharing your house with us and letting us eat all your yummy food! It was so much fun to watch the kids interact with each other, and I really enjoyed the late nights with just the adults too! :) Halle says, "Thank you, Leah, for letting me push your stroller all over the house!" :)

Halle has the cold symptoms too. Guess that's to be expected when you get that many kids together for a long weekend. Hope everyone's feeling better soon!

NaeNae said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!

nomoreblog said...

What is HIVE? I have read about it in some of your posts and have seen photos but have no clue what it is, LOL

Kelly in NC said...

I would alos like to know what HIVE is. Like Aussiefox- I have read about it- but it has never been explained! :-)