Friday, February 2

Snowfall here in NC!

We woke up yesterday morning to our house looking like this. We bundled up quickly, still in our PJs, and rushed outside to see what it was really like. The snowflakes were HUGE and falling fast. We got covered before we went back inside to change into real clothes and boots. When we got back outside, our neighbors had all turned out to play too. We love the fact that our closest friends live on our cul-de-sac. We never would have all gotten together to play in the snow had we not lived close like this. We made a snowman, threw snowballs, and tried to find something to slide on. We were all upset we did not buy a sled when we had the chance. After a while, it was breakfast and cuddle in front of the fire time. My school was closed and Mike worked from home so he could play every once in a while too. That afternoon, Leah and I used our painting easel to make a felt board (laid a large piece of felt over it and clipped it). Then I cut things from other pieces of felt and stuck them on there (felt sticks together). We made a boy and a girl and clothes for them. We made a rainbow, flowers, a cloud and a sun. She really had a ball putting them on and taking them off. I recommend felt boards for toddlers. :)

I forgot to update about my doctor's appt on Wednesday. There is a baby! They actually did do an ultrasound and we got pictures! In this one, the little hand is in front of the face. He said everything looks good and the due date is still August 17th even though the ultrasound did say I looked a few days further along. They don't change the due date unless they find out it is way off. It was so reassuring to see the baby. He/She actually moved and I saw the image on the screen jump. Mike was disappointed he didn't come, but we didn't know for sure about the ultrasound. The next appt is March 5 and they will take blood to screen for many things at that time. Then the NEXT appt is the big one, in-depth ultrasound and they will tell us the sex! I can't believe it is only 2 appts away. I AM still considering switching doctors. It just depends on what I think of the other hospital. We do the tour March 10th. Then I will have a better idea of what I want. Until then, I will just continue growing Baby Gallers to the best of my ability. :)

babies

3 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Awe! Baby Gallers is so cute! ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad that they gave you an ultra sound. That was my favorite part of those monthly visits. I am thinking that you will love Presby. It was a wonderful experience for me!

Christina said...

I'm sorry we missed you this time. We are going to have to make a special visit just to see you guys.

I'm glad everything is good with Baby Gallers.