Monday, October 2

Reunion Weekend

We had such a good time this weekend in Tennessee. One of my very good friends in high school, Lynn (Sparrow) D'Amico was our hostess. We stayed with her, her husband Kris, and their 4 month old son Holland. Friday night we went to the homecoming football game for our high school. It was strange to be in the same place we have been so many times, but feel so out of place there. I saw many people I had not seen for 12 years (I moved away after sophomore year). As cool as that was, after doing the catching up bit, we really didn't have anything to say to each other. Thank goodness for Leah, she provided lots of topics of conversation. :) After the game, we went home and Lynn and I drank wine til the wee hours and gossiped about everyone.

The next day began with a lovely breakfast in downtown Franklin. We walked there from the D'Amico's house (only a half mile). Then we stopped at the toy store to get Leah something new. After that, the guys watched the babies while Lynn & I went shopping for snacks and jewelry. People arrived at about 4pm for Lynn & Kris's pre-party. That was really fun because it was just people I knew. Kris made margaritas and cosmos to get things started. One of my ex-boyfriends was there and is about to be a father himself. That was an interesting conversation. :) After a brief bout with shyness, Leah ran around and begged for snacks. That evening we put Leah to bed (Lynn's parents stayed with Leah & Holland) and headed over to the reunion. It was held at The Factory. That part was okay; again I didn't know what to say to many of the people there. We ditched the reunion after about a hour and a half or so and met up some people at a pool hall/bar/restuarant called Beethoven's. We stayed there until about 1am drinking and visiting with friends. Mike really got to know my ex-boyfriend, David, who he compared to Cha-nan-da-ler Bong (from friends). It was a riot.

That night Leah woke up when we got home. We were sleeping in the same room as her. She stood up and said "Mama? Dada?" and cried until we put her in our bed, where she proceeded to thrash around til 6am. Mike was the best husband ever and took her out to play so I could sleep til 8:30. We all laid around til naptime, then we all (I do mean all) napped. Once we got dressed, we headed over to Monell's (a family style dining restaurant) in the old, old jail. It was so yummy! We ate: (no WW for me this weekend!) fried chicken, pork loin, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, corn pudding, cucumber salad, bean salad, cole slaw, chocolate pie, and sweet tea. I was in southern cooking heaven! After a late lunch, we proceeded to Lynn's friend's parents farm to take pictures with pumpkins and see their house (some of which was built in the 1790's). Then on the the airport.

Leah was great on the plane. She colored with her Color Wonder Markers, watched Dora the Explorer and Go, Diego, Go on DVD, and snacked. We are glad to be home, but really loved Franklin. It has the ideal situation for us. The downtown is quaint and full of shops, restaurants and bars. Within 10 minutes of downtown is any restaurant you could want and a huge mall area. We would like to find that in NC.


Kelly in NC said...

Wow! Isn't this a snazzy post...with all those links! Awesome. Sounds like your trip was great. I fyou find a town like Franklin in NC let me know. I am still looking too!

Christina said...

It sounds like you had a great time. I love the pics. I can't believe how much Leah is changing.