Monday, November 5

Revised Sleep Struggles

After yesterday's post, we had a setback AND a step forward. Erin slept from 10:15am until 12:45pm. She woke up happy, not crying, which hasn't happened in a while. She started rubbing her eyes a little before 1:30 and I thought Surely she can't be tired yet. So I didn't put her down. When she started getting fussy at 2pm, I put her to bed and it was a struggle. AND she only slept 30 minutes. So I though I had ruined the good sleeping that had been developing. I was so ticked at myself for not listening to her signs. I need to not second guess them and just go with it.

We ran out to Target to do the ONE errand I had to do that day. By the end of that short trip, she was screaming with tiredness. I tried to keep her awake on the car ride home, but of course she snoozed 2 minutes from home. I went upstairs with her and she screamed herself into a frenzy. Finally I tried nursing and the second it touched her mouth, she was out. She woke when I put her in the crib and cried some, but not too hard. At 4:45pm she fell sleep and was OUT FOR THE NIGHT. Granted she did wake up at 10:45, 12:45 and 4:45 to eat. The last 2 times, she talked to herself in her bed for a while before falling back to sleep. But at 7:30am, I think I am just hearing from her. So again, hopefully after that fabulous night's sleep, we will have a good nap day.

If I listen to the signs...

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Hope it's been a good nap day today! I love the pics of Erin and Leah on the right. Erin takes GREAT monthly pics. And that pic of Leah is priceless!

Bleeber said...

It's about time you had some sleeping issues after the perfect luck of your first little sleeping angel. Now you know what the rest of us feel like. Here's to a few more nights awake so you can appreciate how easy you had it the first time. :)

Christina said...

I'm so glad it sounds like her sleeping is getting better for you. I agree with Nikki those pics are adorable!